*The above statistics in the description is based on the testing result of TKGS-F02F03-282-120-40.
*In order to smooth the process of customization, we will be very appreciative of your help if you could provide us a detailed drawing (draft).
Comparison of FOGIM’s linear positioning parts
Spring Stopper Adjuster
Gas Spring Stopper
●Various length options for the cylinder
●Light weight operation by customized strutting force
● No oil/air leakage causing possible defects
● No maintenance required
● Easily stopped at any position within stroke range without any bouncing
● High loading capacity
● Locking device remains functional after air is run out
● Highly secured at locking position
● Poccess advantages of gas spring and spring stopper adjuster
● High loading capacity
● Bounce at locking position
● Concerns of oil/air leakage
● Air leakage leads to defects on locking device
● Limited loading capacity
● No strut force (except P07 series)
● Constraint on the minimum length of the cylinder
Code of Gas Spring Series: TKGS
1. The length of outer tube: Customized according to your need
2. Choose the end fitting: F01,F02,F03,F06
3. Stroke (Customized according to your demand)
4. Choose thrust force: Min. 10KG, Max. 120KG
5. Finish: Black coating / Chrome plating
Q1. What is mechanical lock (spring stopper adjuster)? Is this same as the gas spring?
A1. It is a linear actuator which comprises the locking springs, the rod, outer tube, actuator lever and the attached ends. You can use mechanical lock to lock the stroke rigidly in any position. Mechanical lock doesn’t have air and oil leakage issues compared to gas spring. It can be applied to anywhere you want to adjust the linear position without any bouncing force (a gas spring commom problem).
Q2. What is gas spring stopper?
A2. It combines gas spring and mechanical lock. It has not only the strong thrusting force like gas spring but also rigid locking when exact position is necessary. Gas spring stopper makes a rigid mechanical locking connection with thrust force from gas spring.
Q3. What is the difference between mechanical lock and gas spring stopper?
A3. The gas spring stopper is much longer than the mechanical lock since it combines two parts (gas spring & mechanical lock) together. The gas spring stopper can be applied to the function which requires a force to lift an upwards opening or any loads. The mechanical lock can minimize the length much shorter than the gas spring stopper. It can be applied to the function which needs no force or thrust while locking the stroke rigidly in any position.
Q4. What is the difference between gas spring stopper and lockable gas spring?
A4. Both provide thrust forces to lift loads smoothly and effortlessly. However, lockable gas spring will fail if it wears resulting in air leakage. Our Gas Spring Stopper can still have the locking function controlled by the mechanical lock even when small quantities of air may leak as a sign of wear after lengthy periods of use.
Q5. Can you offer some standard products as samples?
A5. All of our products are customized and the design is based on what our customers want to apply to. So we don’t have any standard product because the dimensions differ from every single demand. You can provide the information about the applications and your design to us, then we can offer you the samples for review.
FOGIM's Professional Sales Team
PROK Co,. Ltd.
2F., NO.406, DATONG RD., GUISHAN DIST., TAOYUAN CITY 333, TAIWAN